Mary Wallace Funk popularly known as Wally Funk is an American aviator and astronaut. She was the first female air safety investigator for the National Transportation Safety Board and also the first female Federal Aviation Agency inspector. Wally Funk net worth at the moment is unavailable and is under review.
|Full Name||Mary Wallace Funk|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1939|
|Age||83 years old|
|Born Place||Las Vegas, New Mexico, United States|
|Net Worth||Under review|
Funk was born on February 1, 1939, in Las Vegas, New Mexico, and grew up in Taos, New Mexico. Her parents owned a store and used to sell collections of artworks. From early childhood, Funk had an interest in planes. At the age of 7, she used to make planes from balsa woods.
Other than that, she was also interested in horse riding, skiing, hunting, and fishing. At the age of 14, she became an expert marksman and received the Rifleman’s Award.
Regarding her education, she went to Stephens College in Missouri. She graduated in 1958 with her pilot’s license and Associate of Arts degree. After that, she completed her Bachelor of Science degree at Oklahoma State University.
Wally Funk’s Career
Funk became a professional aviator at just 20 years old. Her first job was at Fort Sill, Oklahoma where she worked as a Civilian Flight instructor. With that job, she became the first female flight instructor at a US military base.
In 1968, she earned her Airline Transport Rating make her the 58th woman in the US to do so. Three years later, she earned the rating of flight inspector from the Federal Aviation Administration making her the first woman to complete the FAA’s General Aviation Operations Inspector Academy course. She worked with the FAA as a field examiner for four years and was promoted to FAA SWAP as a specialist in 1973.
In 1985, Funk retired from the post as an Air Safety Investigator after serving for 11 years. Two years later, she was appointed Chief Pilot at Emery Aviation College where she oversaw the entire flight program for 100 students.
Funk had a dream of going to space from an early age. When NASA began accepting women in the late 1970s, she applied three times. However, she was rejected for not having an engineering degree or a background as a test pilot.
On July 1, 2021, Blue Origin announced that Funk will be one of four to be on the flight to go to space. After the successful flight, she became the oldest person to fly to space at the age of 82. The previous record was held by John Glenn at the age of 77 in 1998.
Wally Funk Net Worth
Wally Funk’s detail on her personal wealth is unavailable at the moment and is under review. However, she has written several books to her name which might have contributed massively to her net worth. Her memoir “Higher Faster Longer- My Life in Aviation and My Quest for Space Flight” is one of her best-selling books.
Wally Funk News
- Wally Funk Wins 2022 Michael Collins Trophy for Lifetime Achievement NASA
- Wally Funk Named as Recipient of the 2021 Stinson Trophy NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
- National Air and Space Museum's 2022 Michael Collins Trophy Awarded to Wally Funk and the Mars Ingenuity Helicopter Team – Parabolic Arc – Parabolic ArcNational Air and Space Museum's 2022 Michael Collins Trophy Awarded to Wally Funk and the Mars Ingenuity Helicopter Team – Parabolic Arc Parabolic Arc
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?