Gregory Jacobs known famously as Shock G was an American musician and rapper. He was the lead vocalist for the hip-hop group Digital Underground. Shock G net worth before his death was estimated to be roughly $3 million.
|Full Name||Gregory Jacobs|
|Nick Name||Shock G, Humpty Hump, Piano Man, Icey Mike|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1963|
|Born Place||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Profession||Musician, Rapper, Record Producer|
|Died on||April 22, 2021, at the age of 57|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
Shock G was born on August 25, 1963, in Brooklyn, New York. However, he spent most of his childhood life with his family in Tampa, Florida. His love for music started when he was quite young. In 1978, as a drummer he won the “Most Talented” trophy at Grecot Junior High School. He then moved to Queens after his parent’s divorce and began to love hip-hop.
Two years later, he then returned to Florida and worked as a DJ with a group Master Blasters. Due to initial success, he decided to take music seriously and began attending Hillsborough Community College where he studied music theory.
Shock G Net Worth & Career in Music
After completing his studies, Shock G moved to California where he formed a group called ‘Digital Underground’. It consisted of three members- Shock G, Jimi Chopmaster J, and Kenneth Waters. In 1990, the group released a hit single “The Humpty Dance” which reached the top of the Billboard rap singles chart.
The group produced Tupac’s 1993 platinum single ‘I Get Around’ and also produced the 1995 multi-platinum album ‘So Many Tears’. In addition to his contribution with Digital Underground, Shock G has also found success as a solo artist and music producer. He co-produced Tupac’s debut album ‘2Pacalypse Now’. In 2003, he also produced the single ‘Risky Business’ for the band Murs. He has also worked with the likes of Prince, Dr. Dre, KRS-One, Luniz, and others.
In addition to music, Shock G has also appeared several times of television shows. His TV appearances include ‘Showtime at the Apollo’ and several live MTV performances including Yo MTV Raps, Club MTV Live, and MTV Jams.
On April 22, 2021, Shock G was found dead in a Tampa, Florida hotel room. The cause of his death is still unknown.
Shock G Net Worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Shock G’s personal wealth before his death is $3 million. He earned most of the money as a record producer and album sales.
Shock G News
- Biggie, Tupac, DMX, Big, Shock G, Nipsey Hussle As Old Men Ambrosia For Heads
- Digital Underground's Money-B tops bill at Shock G birthday celebration in Tampa this weekend – Creative Loafing TampaDigital Underground's Money-B tops bill at Shock G birthday celebration in Tampa this weekend Creative Loafing Tampa
- TNT Recordings and the Solo Piano Group Present Shock G – "The Piano Man" on a Limited-Run 180 Gram Blue and Black Splatter Vinyl – PR NewswireTNT Recordings and the Solo Piano Group Present Shock G – "The Piano Man" on a Limited-Run 180 Gram Blue and Black Splatter Vinyl PR Newswire
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?