Sammy Watkins is an American football player who played as a wide receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. As of 2022, Sammy Watkins net worth is estimated to be $14 million.
|Net Worth (as of 2022)||$14 million|
|Date of Birth||June 14, 1993|
|Age||28 years old|
|Born Place||Fort Myers, Florida, United States|
|Source of Wealth||Professional NFL player|
|Wife/Girlfriend||Tala Watkins (Girlfriend)|
Watkins was born on June 14, 1993, in Fort Myers, Florida. He attended South Fort Myers High School where he was a letterman in football, basketball, and track & field. In his sophomore year, he had 33 receptions for 537 yards and 10 touchdowns. In his junior and senior years, he was a first-team all-state selection.
Watkins was considered a five-star recruit by Rivals.com. He received scholarship offers from Florida, Florida State, Miami, Michigan, and Tennessee but decided to play for Clemson University.
In his freshman season at Clemson University, he caught 82 passes for 1,219 yards and 12 touchdowns. He broke 11 school freshman records, including total all-purpose yards previously held by C. J. Spiller. He was named a Freshman All-American by the Football Writers Association of America.
In his sophomore season, he played 10 games recording 57 receptions for 708 yards and three touchdowns. As a junior, he started in all 13 games and had 101 receptions for 1,464 yards and 12 touchdowns. At the start of 2014, he announced that he would forgo his senior season to enter the NFL Draft.
Sammy Watkins was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract worth $19.94 million, including a $12.28 million signing bonus. In his rookie season, he shattered previous records setting new records in both receptions and receiving yards with 65 and 982 respectively.
In his first five games of the 2015 season, he had a tough time and caught only 7 for 99 yards. However, at the end of the season, he made a remarkable comeback finishing the season with 60 catches for 1,047 yards and nine touchdowns reception. He was ranked 96th on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2016. A year later, the Buffalo Bills decided not to extend his contract making him a free agent.
In 2017, he signed for the Los Angeles Rams followed by the Kansas City Chiefs a year later. He signed a three-year, $48 million contract with the Chiefs. In his second season with the Chiefs, he recorded 52 receptions for 673 yards and three receiving touchdowns. He also helped his team to win Super Bowl LIV. He caught five passes for 98 yards in a 31-20 win against the San Francisco 49ers.
Sammy Watkins Net Worth
As of 2022, Sammy Watkins net worth is estimated to be $14 million. He signed a three-year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs worth $48 million. His career earnings until 2019 is $53 million. By the time his contract expires in 2020 with the Chiefs, his career earnings will be $64 million.
Sammy Watkins News
- Packers WR depth chart: How Romeo Doubs, Allen Lazard and Sammy Watkins project without Davante Adams – Sporting NewsPackers WR depth chart: How Romeo Doubs, Allen Lazard and Sammy Watkins project without Davante Adams Sporting NewsView Full Coverage on Google News
- This Date In Transactions History: Bills Trade Sammy Watkins, Ronald Darby profootballrumors.com
- Could the Packers cut Sammy Watkins before 2022 season? Lombardi AveGreen Bay Packers CB Eric Stokes impresses WR Sammy Watkins at training camp 247SportsView Full Coverage on Google News
Mase Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Mase Early Life and Bio Full Name Mason Durell Betha Birth Date / Age August 27, 1975 / 46 Years...
Lil Pump Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Pump is an American rapper best known for being a prominent name in the SoundCloud rap scene, led by his...
Post Malone Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Instagram
Post is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter known for his chart-topping singles like White Iverson and Congratulations. The Post...
Bad Bunny Net Worth: How Rich Is the Singer in 2022?
Bunny is a Puerto Rican rapper and singer known for his Grammy Award-winning music catalog. The Bad Bunny net worth...
- Lewis Hamilton Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Twitter
- Louis CK Net Worth: How Rich Is the Comic in 2022?
- Joel McHale Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actor in 2022?
- Tracy Morgan Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actor in 2022?
- Greg Norman Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and LIV Golf
- Ashley Judd Net Worth, Age, Bio, Husband, and Twitter
- Ricky Martin Net Worth: How Rich Is the Singer in 2022?
- Mase Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
- Billie Joe Armstrong Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Twitter
- Bubba Watson Net Worth: How Rich Is the Golfer in 2022?