Rachel Nichols Net Worth: How Rich is ESPN’s Sportscaster Actually?
Rachel Nichols is an American sports broadcaster, who is working for ESPN. She is best recognized for hosting an NBA discussion show “The Jump”. As of 2022, Rachel Nichols net worth is estimated to be around $10 million.
|Full Name||Rachel Michele Nichols|
|Birth Date||October 18, 1973|
|Birth Place||Potomac, Maryland|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
Rachel Nichols was born on the 18th of October, 1973 in Potomac, Maryland, U. S. Her birth name is Rachel Michele Alexander. She has not specified any details regarding her early life and parents. Rachel grew up along with her two brothers.
For her study, she joined Winston Churchill High School, from where she graduated in 1991. Later she attended the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University. She came out as a graduate holding a graduation degree in 1995.
Rachel Nichols Net Worth & Career
View this post on Instagram
Rachel started off her career in the 1990s, where she took her first step towards the journalism field as a sports journalist. For a year from 1995 to 1996, she also wrote a sports page for the daily newspaper, Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel. Then in 1996, she started covering the news of NHL’s ice hockey team Washington Capitals for the daily newspaper Washington Post.
Rachel began to climb further step in her journalism career after she became associated with ESPN in 2004. Her early work experience with ESPN came for the shows SportsCenter, Monday Night Countdown, and Sunday NFL Countdown. She was a regular part of the sports news shows, where she covered the news on the NFL and NBA. By the time, she was also working as a sideline reporter for the live TV broadcast, Monday Night Football.
Nichols quit ESPN in 2013, and joined CNN, where she hosted the show called “Unguarded with Rachel Nichols”. She hosted the show as a regular series for a year, and from October 2014, the show started airing as an occasional special. Rachel was able to grab the attention through her tough questioning of Roger Goodell, who is a current NFL Commissioner on the matter of the Ray Rice Scandal.
Rachel made her come back to ESPN in 2016, where she started co-hosting a daily discussion show “The Jump”. After three years, she began hosting ABC’s Saturday Primetime, and the NBA Finals. She has also been working as a recurring guest host on the comedy sports broadcast “Pardon My Take”, and TV show “Pardon the Interruption”.
Rachel Nichols Personal Life
Rachel Nichols is married to Max Nichols, who is a film and music video director by profession. Max is the son of movie and theatre director, Mike Nichols. She tied the knot with Max in a Jewish ceremony in 2001. The wedding venue took place in 2001. She shares two daughters with her husband Max.
Rachel made a diversity comment on fellow ESPN journalist Maria Taylor in July 2020. The video call between Rachel and Adam Mendelsohn was leaked recently where Nichols can be heard questioning ESPN’s decision for selecting Maria Taylor to host NBA Finals coverage and NBA Countdown. She further mentioned that Taylor got the job because she is black, and claimed the job is actually in her contract.
The video call was accidentally recorded which was stored on one of ESPN’s servers. One of ESPN’s employees recorded their conversation and forwarded it to other companies, and then it was sent to more employees. The call record was finally reached to Deadspin and the New York Times.
After Taylor got to know about Nichols’s comment, she declined to host “NBA Countdown”, however, she later decided to change her decision only if Nichols would not appear on the show. At first, ESPN agreed to her, and but later they ignored her by airing prerecorded segments with Nichols.
Rachel Nichols Net Worth
Rachel Nichols has gathered an approximate net worth value of $10 million by 2022. She has been able to earn a colossal figure from her journalism career. Rachel must be getting a hefty sum from ESPN, though we are yet to get her exact earning detail.
Rachel Nichols News
- NBA SGP Best Bets: Rachel Nichols’ NBA Same Game Parlay Picks on DraftKings Sportsbook for May 23 – DraftKings NationNBA SGP Best Bets: Rachel Nichols’ NBA Same Game Parlay Picks on DraftKings Sportsbook for May 23 DraftKings Nation
- There is no evidence to the rumors surrounding Jimmy Butler and Rachel Nichols from their time during NBA bubble – SportskeedaThere is no evidence to the rumors surrounding Jimmy Butler and Rachel Nichols from their time during NBA bubble Sportskeeda
- “There’s One Thing Kobe Bryant Sucks at”: Rachel Nichols Dug Up LeBron James Bonding with Black Mamba Over a Horrible Game of Golf – The Sportsrush“There’s One Thing Kobe Bryant Sucks at”: Rachel Nichols Dug Up LeBron James Bonding with Black Mamba Over a Horrible Game of Golf The Sportsrush
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?