Marvin Lee Adey, better known as Meat Loaf was an American musician and actor. He is best known for his hit album “Bat Out of Hell”, which was certified platinum 14 times, and has sold over 43 copies worldwide. As an actor, he has appeared in over 100 movies and TV shows. Marvin died at 74 years of age on January 21. Marvin Lee Adey net worth at the time of his death is revealed to be around $40 million.
|Full Name||Marvin Lee Adey|
|Birth Date||September 27, 1947|
|Birth Place||Dallas, Texas|
|Net Worth||$40 million|
|Death||January 21, 2022|
Marvin Lee Adey was born on September 27, 1947, in Dallas, Texas to parents, William and Orvis. His father, Orvis owned the Griffin Grocery Company, and he has previously served as a police officer. Orvis was an alcoholic, who has once tried to kill Marvin with a knife. He lost his mother, who was a school teacher at 15 years of age.
Marvin studied at the Thomas Jefferson High School. During his high school days, he appeared in productions of “Where’s Charley?” and “The Music Man”. In 1965, he received a high school graduation degree and then joined the Lubbock Christian College. However, he later joined the North Texas State University. After his mother died in 1967, he dropped out of the University and shifted to Los Angeles.
Marvin Lee Adey Net Worth & Career
Marvin started performing with his first band “Meat Loaf Soul” in 1968. He was later cast in the rock musical “Hair”. In October 1971, the album titled “Stoney & Meatloaf” was released. The album was recorded along with Motown Records and Shaun Stoney Murphy. However, later he returned to the rock musical Hair. While appearing in a Broadway production, he happened to meet composer and Lyricist, Jim Steinman on the audition for “More Than You Deserve”, who eventually cast him in the show, and then he collaborated with Steinman on several albums.
Marvin was cast in the role of Eddie and Dr. Everett Scott for the LA production of the show called “The Rocky Horror Show” in 1973. The show which ran for 9 months later led to a movie version in 1975. He had started working on his album “Bat Out of Hell” in 1972. He was eventually signed by Cleveland International Records after getting rejected by several record companies. The album was later released in 1997 after Todd Rundgren agreed to produce the album.
Marvin’s album “Bat Out of Hell” turned out to be the most commercially successful albums of all time. Following that, he released 11 more solo albums. His 1993 released album “Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell” received a 5x platinum certificate. Other than his music credentials, he has also been able to get recognized for his acting skills. He has stared in the horror movie “Stage Fright”, “Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny”, and “Fight Club”. He has also worked on several TV series such as “The Outer Limits”, “Ghost Hunters,”, and “Glee”. In 2001, he participated on the reality show “The Celebrity Apprentice”, where he finished at 3rd place.
Marvin Lee Adey was first married to Leslie G. Edmonds. He tied the knot with her on February 23, 1979, and welcomed a daughter named Amanda on January 21, 1981. Marvin was also looking after his stepdaughter, Pearl. Marvin ended his relationship with Leslie in 2001. He later married Deborah Gillespie in 2007. The pair were living in Austin, Texas since 2012. Marvin changed his first name and came up with a new name Michael in 1984.
Marvin Lee Ade died at 74 years of age on Thursday night, January 21, 2022. His death news was confirmed by his agent, Michael Green on Friday. Adey reportedly went through a back surgery two months back to remove a cyst on his back. However, the real reason behind his death has not got disclosed yet.
Marvin Lee Adey Net Worth
Marvin Lee Adey’s net worth is estimated to be around $40 million before he died on January 21, 2022. He bought a 7,142 square foot house worth under $3 million in 2005. Before that, he was living in LA’s Brentwood neighborhood.
In 2001, he sold his LA house to an actor, Greg Kinnear for $3.6 million. The legendary singer, Marvin is a recipient of the Grammy Award for his song “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That) in 1993.
Marvin Lee Adey News
- Bonnie Tyler says 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' was written for Nosferatu musical – Yahoo Singapore NewsBonnie Tyler says 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' was written for Nosferatu musical Yahoo Singapore NewsBonnie Tyler Says ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ Was Written for Nosferatu Musical Rolling StoneBonnie Tyler: 'Total […]
- What is it that Meat Loaf wouldn't do for love? The meaning of I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) – LouderWhat is it that Meat Loaf wouldn't do for love? The meaning of I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) Louder
- Bonnie Tyler addresses leaving Meatloaf 'p****d off' with song that sparked major fallout Express
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?