Kathy Hochul Net Worth: How Rich is the Current New York Governor?
Kathleen Courtney Hochul, better known as Kathy Hochul is an American politician and lawyer. She is currently serving as a 77th lieutenant governor of New York. As of 2022, Kathy Hochul net worth is reported to be around $2 million.
Kathy will be serving as the 57th governor of New York after the current governor, Andrew Cuomo resigned from the post on August 10, 2011. She will be the first woman to work as the governor of New York on August 24, 2021.
|Full Name||Kathleen Courtney Hochul|
|Birth Date||August 27, 1958|
|Birth Place||Buffalo, New York, U. S.|
|Husband||William J. Hochul, Jr.|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
Kathy Hochul was born on the 27th of August, 1958 in Buffalo, New York, United States. She was born to her parents, John P. “Jack” Courtney, and Patricia Ann “Pat” Courtney. Kathy grew up in a poor financial condition where she has spent her early days in a trailer near a steel plant.
Regarding her educational background, she has studied at Syracuse University. Hochul was involved in politics while studying at the University. She came out holding a graduation degree from Syracuse in 1980. Later, she attended the Catholic University Columbus School of Law from where she received a Juris Doctor in 1984.
Kathy Hochul Net Worth & Career
View this post on Instagram
Kathy initiated her career working at the Washington-based law firm, however, she was not satisfied with her work. Then, she served as a legal counsel to the U. S. Representative, John LaFalce.
In November 1994, she entered the Conservative Party as a candidate for the Hamburg Town Board. While working on the board until 2007, she took an initiative to remove the toll boots of some part of the New York State Thruway system.
Kathy ran in the special election for the vacant seat of New York’s 26th congressional district on May 24, 2011. She was running in the election as the nominee of the Working Families Party and the Democratic Party. According to poll results before the election, she was leading by 4 and 6 point margins. Kathy won the final election defeating Corwin with 47 to 43 percent.
Hochul was named lieutenant governor by the Incumbent governor, Andrew Cuomo in 2014. Cuomo and Hochul won the general election in November, and she was sworn as a lieutenant governor on January 1, 2015. As a lieutenant governor, she chaired the 10 regional economic development councils and the Task Force on Heroin and Opioid Abuse and Addiction.
The current governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo announced his resignation in a live press briefing on 10th August 2021. He was accused by the attorney general of sexually harassing multiple women and his employees and violating state and federal law. His resignation will be effective on August 24, 2021, and on the same day, Hochul will be serving as the first women Governor of New York.
Kathy Hochul Personal Life
Kathy Hochul is a married woman who tied the knot with the former U. S. attorney, William J. Hochul Jr. William is currently serving as the Senior Vice President of the Hospitality and Gambling company. Kathy shares two children with hubby William. She is currently spending blissful moments with her family residing in Buffalo, New York.
Kathy Hochul Net Worth
As of 2022, Kathy Hochul’s personal wealth is estimated to be around $2 million. She is believed to have earned a big amount from her political career. Kathy has founded the transitional home for women and kids named Kathleen Mary House. She has founded the house to provide support for the victims of domestic violence. Likewise, she is the co-founder of the Village Action Coalition.
Kathy Hochul News
- Governor Hochul Announces Over $90 Million in Capital Funding for Arts Organizations Across New York State – ny.govGovernor Hochul Announces Over $90 Million in Capital Funding for Arts Organizations Across New York State ny.gov
- Bills break ground on $1.5b stadium ahead of 2026 unveiling Daily MailBills break ground on new $1.54 billion stadium – ESPN ESPNHochul announces start of Buffalo Bills stadium construction CBS New YorkSeneca Nation […]
- Kathy Hochul to allow legal weed sales at NY farmers markets, festivals and concerts this summer – New York PostKathy Hochul to allow legal weed sales at NY farmers markets, festivals and concerts this summer New York Post
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?