James Joseph Cramer, who is better known as Jim Cramer, is an American television personality and host of the popular show on CNBC called Mad Money. He is a retired hedge fund manager as well. As of 2022, Jim Cramer net worth is estimated to be around $150 million.
|Full Name||James Joseph Cramer|
|Birth Date||February 10, 1955|
|Birth Place||Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania|
|Profession||Television Personality and Host|
|Net Worth||$150 million|
Cramer was born on February 10, 1955, in Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania. He studied at Springfield Township High School. He began to study stocks when he was just in his fourth grade. He then went to Harvard College where he graduated with a Bachelors’s degree in Art in government in 1977. During his time there, he was the President and Editor of The Harvard Crimson.
Jim Cramer Net Worth and Career
View this post on Instagram
He started to work as a reporter initially. Then he started to work for Tallahassee Democrat and would later work for the Los Angeles Herald Examiner. He also faced a horrific incident at that time when he was robbed and had to live in his car for 9 months. Cramer then worked as a reporter for American Lawyer and would also work for Jerry Brown who was the Governor of California.
After working for several years, Cramer then decided to get his JD from Harvard Law School in 1984. It was at this time that he was investing and trading in the stock market. He made enough money from the stock market to cover this tuition frees. He also started to invest and trade money for others at this time.
Cramer would start working as a stockbroker for Goldman Sachs but would leave after working there for 3 years. He decided to start his hedge fund where he would find massive success.
According to Cramer, the hedge fund returned an average return of 24% every year in his 14 years running the fund. In the year 2001, Cramer would retire from the hedge fund and handed it over to his partner.
Since then, Cramer has made his name as the host of Mad Money with Jim Cramer which started to air in 2005. Before this, he co-hosted a show called Kudlow & Cramer for 3 years and used to be a guest commentator on CNBC. Mad Money has been a big hit having completed 15 years of Cramer promoting do-it-yourself investing.
Cramer married Karen Backfisch in 1988 with whom he shares two children. However, they would divorce in 2009. Cramer would then marry Lisa Cadette Detwiler in 2015 who is a real estate broker. He is a big fan of the Philadelphia Eagles who he goes to watch often.
Jim Cramer Net Worth
As of 2022, Jim Cramer’s personal wealth is estimated to be around $150 million. The majority of fortune has come from the money he made running his hedge fund. He has continued to invest his money since then as well as recommend others on how to invest in the market.
Jim Cramer News
- Cramer's lightning round: Keep your powder dry when it comes to Crown Castle CNBCCramer's lightning round: Keep your powder dry when it comes to Crown Castle CNBC TelevisionCramer's lightning round: Coinbase is […]
- Investors betting on short-term gains will miss out when Powell ‘wins the game,’ Cramer says CNBCJim Cramer breaks down the two broad camps emerging as the Fed battles inflation CNBC TelevisionRising Bond […]
- Marvell CEO tells Jim Cramer: We're doing much better than our stock price suggests CNBC
Mase Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Mase Early Life and Bio Full Name Mason Durell Betha Birth Date / Age August 27, 1975 / 46 Years...
Lil Pump Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Pump is an American rapper best known for being a prominent name in the SoundCloud rap scene, led by his...
Post Malone Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Instagram
Post is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter known for his chart-topping singles like White Iverson and Congratulations. The Post...
Bad Bunny Net Worth: How Rich Is the Singer in 2022?
Bunny is a Puerto Rican rapper and singer known for his Grammy Award-winning music catalog. The Bad Bunny net worth...
- Lewis Hamilton Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Twitter
- Louis CK Net Worth: How Rich Is the Comic in 2022?
- Joel McHale Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actor in 2022?
- Tracy Morgan Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actor in 2022?
- Greg Norman Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and LIV Golf
- Ashley Judd Net Worth, Age, Bio, Husband, and Twitter
- Ricky Martin Net Worth: How Rich Is the Singer in 2022?
- Mase Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
- Billie Joe Armstrong Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Twitter
- Bubba Watson Net Worth: How Rich Is the Golfer in 2022?