Gwen Shamblin Lara was an American author. She is the founder of the Remnant Fellowship Church in Brentwood. Gwen Shamblin net worth before her death is estimated to be roughly $5 million.
|Full Name||Gwen Shamblin Lara|
|Date of Birth||February 18, 1955|
|Age||66 years old|
|Born Place||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Husband||David Shamblin (1978-2018), Joe Lara (2018- till her death)|
|Death||May 29, 2021|
|Net Worth||$5 million (estimated)|
Gwen Shamblin was born on February 18, 1955, in Memphis, Tennessee. Regarding her education, she earned her undergraduate degree in dietetics from the University of Tennessee. Gwen then did her master’s degree in food and nutrition from Memphis State University.
During her time at the Memphis State University, she was a registered dietitian, consultant, and also worked in the state’s health department for around five years.
Gwen Shamblin Lara Net Worth & Career
In 1980, she began her consulting practice in the field of weight control. Six years later, she founded the ‘Weight Down Workshop’, a weight loss program which she already had in mind while working on her master’s degree at Memphis State University.
The program was a massive hit and even spread to some countries in Europe. By 1994, the program was offered in about 600 churches in at least 35 US States. The program then expanded rapidly and could be found in over 1,000 churches in 49 US States as well as some areas in Britain and Canada.
In 1999, Lara founded the Remnant Fellowship Church. At first, it was a small gathering place but the Shamblins expanded the area by purchasing 40 acres of land. Building and Construction was finished in 2004. The church now has members from all across the world including Europe, Asia, Africa, Canada, Australia, North America, and South America.
In addition to that, she has also appeared on several media and television shows. Her teaching has been shown on BBC, A Current Affair, The View, The Today Show, CNN’s Larry King Live, and The Early Show. Lara has also been featured on the cover of magazines like Good Housekeeping, People Magazine, First Magazine, and Quick & Simple.
Gwen Shamblin was married twice. She first married David Shamblin with whom she had two children named Michael Shamblin and Elizabeth Hannah. David and Gwen married in 1978 and divorced in 2018. In 2018, Gwen married Joe Lara. She has seven grandchildren.
On May 29, 2021, Gwen Shamblin along with her husband and five other members of the Remnant Fellowship Church crashed into a lake in Tennessee. The plane crashed into Percy Priest Lake near Smyrna, Tennessee shortly after takeoff.
According to the County officials, the passengers on the board are J. Lara, Gwen S. Lara, Jennifer J. Martin, David L. Martin, Jessica Walters, Jonathan Walters, and Brandon Hannah. They are now presumed dead by the authorities.
Gwen Shamblin Lara Net Worth
As of 2022, Gwen Shamblin Lara’s net worth is estimated to be roughly $5 million. She earned most of her wealth by publishing several Christian diet program books which basically promote weight-loss diets and other diets which she believed are consistent with Christian values.
“The Weigh Down Diet” book which she published in 1997 sold more than 1.2 million copies worldwide. Some other popular books published by Gwen are “Rise Above: God Can Set You Free from Your Weight Problems Forever”, “Out of Egypt: Inspiration for Conquering Life’s Strongholds”, and “History of the Love of God: Volume II: A Love More Ancient Than Time”.
Gwen Shamblin Lara News
- After Gwen Shamblin Lara died in plane crash, what is Remnant church? USA TODAY
- Stream It Or Skip It: 'The Way Down: Part 2' on HBO Max, the Fascinating Continuing Story of the Life and Death of Cult Leader Gwen Shamblin – DeciderStream It Or Skip It: 'The Way Down: Part 2' on HBO Max, the Fascinating Continuing Story of the Life and Death of Cult Leader Gwen Shamblin Decider
- The Way Down Episode 4: Blind faith questioned after death of cult leader Gwen Shamblin Lara – SportskeedaThe Way Down Episode 4: Blind faith questioned after death of cult leader Gwen Shamblin Lara Sportskeeda
The Game Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Game is an American rapper known for his extensive music catalog which includes the classic hip-hop album, The Documentary. The...
Flavor Flav Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Flavor Flav is an American rapper known for being a founding member of the rap group, Public Enemy alongside Chuck...
Tyga Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Tyga is an American rapper known for his mega-popular songs Rack City, Faded, Far Away, and Still Got It. The...
Logic Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Logic is an American rapper and record producer known for his seven studio albums and hit single, 1-800-273-8255. The Logic...
- Rick Fox Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Kids
- Sheryl Crow Net Worth: How Rich Is the Singer in 2022?
- Kellie Pickler Net Worth: How Rich Is the Singer in 2022?
- Kirk Franklin Net Worth, Age, Bio, Kids, and Tour
- Miesha Tate Net Worth: How Rich Is the UFC Fighter in 2022?
- Omarion Net Worth, Age, Bio, Siblings, and IG
- Larry Fink Net Worth: How Rich Is the CEO in 2022?
- Nick Diaz Net Worth: How Rich Is the UFC Fighter in 2022?
- John Goodman Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actor in 2022?
- The Game Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?