Gwen Shamblin Lara was an American author. She is the founder of the Remnant Fellowship Church in Brentwood. Gwen Shamblin net worth before her death is estimated to be roughly $5 million.
|Full Name||Gwen Shamblin Lara|
|Date of Birth||February 18, 1955|
|Age||66 years old|
|Born Place||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Husband||David Shamblin (1978-2018), Joe Lara (2018- till her death)|
|Death||May 29, 2021|
|Net Worth||$5 million (estimated)|
Gwen Shamblin was born on February 18, 1955, in Memphis, Tennessee. Regarding her education, she earned her undergraduate degree in dietetics from the University of Tennessee. Gwen then did her master’s degree in food and nutrition from Memphis State University.
During her time at the Memphis State University, she was a registered dietitian, consultant, and also worked in the state’s health department for around five years.
Gwen Shamblin Lara Net Worth & Career
In 1980, she began her consulting practice in the field of weight control. Six years later, she founded the ‘Weight Down Workshop’, a weight loss program which she already had in mind while working on her master’s degree at Memphis State University.
The program was a massive hit and even spread to some countries in Europe. By 1994, the program was offered in about 600 churches in at least 35 US States. The program then expanded rapidly and could be found in over 1,000 churches in 49 US States as well as some areas in Britain and Canada.
In 1999, Lara founded the Remnant Fellowship Church. At first, it was a small gathering place but the Shamblins expanded the area by purchasing 40 acres of land. Building and Construction was finished in 2004. The church now has members from all across the world including Europe, Asia, Africa, Canada, Australia, North America, and South America.
In addition to that, she has also appeared on several media and television shows. Her teaching has been shown on BBC, A Current Affair, The View, The Today Show, CNN’s Larry King Live, and The Early Show. Lara has also been featured on the cover of magazines like Good Housekeeping, People Magazine, First Magazine, and Quick & Simple.
Gwen Shamblin was married twice. She first married David Shamblin with whom she had two children named Michael Shamblin and Elizabeth Hannah. David and Gwen married in 1978 and divorced in 2018. In 2018, Gwen married Joe Lara. She has seven grandchildren.
On May 29, 2021, Gwen Shamblin along with her husband and five other members of the Remnant Fellowship Church crashed into a lake in Tennessee. The plane crashed into Percy Priest Lake near Smyrna, Tennessee shortly after takeoff.
According to the County officials, the passengers on the board are J. Lara, Gwen S. Lara, Jennifer J. Martin, David L. Martin, Jessica Walters, Jonathan Walters, and Brandon Hannah. They are now presumed dead by the authorities.
Gwen Shamblin Lara Net Worth
As of 2022, Gwen Shamblin Lara’s net worth is estimated to be roughly $5 million. She earned most of her wealth by publishing several Christian diet program books which basically promote weight-loss diets and other diets which she believed are consistent with Christian values.
“The Weigh Down Diet” book which she published in 1997 sold more than 1.2 million copies worldwide. Some other popular books published by Gwen are “Rise Above: God Can Set You Free from Your Weight Problems Forever”, “Out of Egypt: Inspiration for Conquering Life’s Strongholds”, and “History of the Love of God: Volume II: A Love More Ancient Than Time”.
Gwen Shamblin Lara News
- NTSB: Plane crash that killed Christian diet guru Gwen Shamblin, 6 others likely caused by husband pilot Joe Lara – CBS NewsNTSB: Plane crash that killed Christian diet guru Gwen Shamblin, 6 others likely caused by husband pilot Joe Lara CBS News
- Plane Crash That Killed Christian Diet Guru Gwen Shamblin Caused By 'Spatial Disorientation' of Pilot Husband – Yahoo EntertainmentPlane Crash That Killed Christian Diet Guru Gwen Shamblin Caused By 'Spatial Disorientation' of Pilot Husband Yahoo Entertainment
- Plane crash that killed Christian diet guru and ‘Tarzan’ actor was caused by pilot’s ‘spatial disorientation,’ NTSB report says – CNNPlane crash that killed Christian diet guru and ‘Tarzan’ actor was caused by pilot’s ‘spatial disorientation,’ NTSB report says CNN
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?