Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas is an American singer and songwriter. She is the first-ever female singer to ever hold the top two positions in the Billboard Hot 100 chart at the same time. Ashanti was able to achieve this through her hits single such as Foolish and What’s Lux? As of 2022, Ashanti net worth is estimated to be around $10 million.
|Full Name||Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas|
|Birth Date||October 13, 1980|
|Birth Place||Glen Cove, New York|
|Profession||Singer and Songwriter|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
When she was about 12 years old, Ashanti’s mother noticed that she was able to sing very well for someone her age. This is when her mother started to put effort into creating more chances for Ashanti to explore this potential in her.
This led to her writing songs when she was just in high school. She was also active in taking part in different local talent shows and even had appearances in a couple of music videos as well as some child credits in some movies in minor roles.
Ashanti Net Worth and Career
View this post on Instagram
Ashanti was clear in her mind to become a singer but she was finding it hard to get started since she wasn’t able to get a record deal yet. However, Ashanti continued her work both writing and singing songs until Murder Inc decided to partner with her.
This was a big breakthrough in her career as it led to her being featured in the works of several artists including Cadillac Tah for songs such as Just Like A Thug. In 2002, she appeared in What’s Luv? And Always on Time which were releases of two different artists.
However, both of them became the most popular songs of 2002 and catapulted Ashanti to the big screen and massive success. This also led to her becoming the only female artist ever to simultaneously appear in two top Billboard Hot 100 songs at the same time.
With momentum on her side, Ashanti got to work on her first single which was called Foolish. The song was a huge hit and which led to another record which she held along with The Beatles for having 3 songs in the top 10 of the Hot 100 charts.
She then released her debut album that was titled Ashanti itself in 2002. The album was certified as triple platinum and became the number one album in the U.S. Billboard 200 charts. This was huge for her since the album went on to sell more than six million copies.
Ashanti had now gotten rich by this point along with fame from the masses. Ashanti won two American Music Awards as well as a Grammy Award for the album. Yet, she was only getting started as more success was on the way.
By 2017, Ashanti had released her seventh album. Some of her recent collaborations include songs such as Say Less and Tha Carter V where she worked alongside artists such as Ty Dolla Sign and Lil Wayne.
Ashanti was in a relationship with the rapper named Nelly even appearing together during the 2003 Grammy Awards. Their relationship lasted for 11 years which had it’s own ups and downs which were highlighted in the media. However, in 2014 they decided to go their separate ways.
Ashanti Net Worth
As of 2022, Ashanti has an estimated net worth of $10 million. Having sold millions of copies of her albums in her career along with still creating great music, Ashanti has been able to amass such a huge net worth over the years.
- 'Uh uh Ashanti': Fans Warn Ashanti After Nelly Turns Down Her Request to Share a Smoke After His Recent Performance in Australia – Atlanta Black Star'Uh uh Ashanti': Fans Warn Ashanti After Nelly Turns Down Her Request to Share a Smoke After His Recent Performance in Australia Atlanta Black Star
- Ashanti Flawlessly Raps Biggie's 'Foolish' Verse & Twerks Like It's 2002 | V103 iHeart
- Ashanti, 42, on Aging and Confidence: 'It Comes From Within' Prevention Magazine
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?