Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an American politician and activist who has been serving as the U.S. Representative for New York’s 14th congressional district after winning the primary election from the side of the Democratic Party. As of 2022, AOC net worth is estimated to be around $300,000.
Cortez was able to make history by becoming the youngest ever woman to be serving in Congress in the U.S. She is popularly known as AOC especially among the younger millennial generation and has proposed the Green New Deal where the plan includes phasing out fossil fuels for more greener and renewable alternative sources of energy.
|Full Name||Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez|
|Birth Date/Age||October 13, 1989 / 32 years old|
|Birth Place||New York City, United States|
|Profession||Politician and Activist|
|Relationship Status||In a Relationship with Riley Roberts|
|Net Worth||$300,000 (estimated)|
Cortez grew up in New York City in a Catholic family. Yet, her family members had a background of being from Puerto Rico. She studied at Yorktown High School and from a young age was involved in different activities such as being the LDZ Secretary of State when was pursuing her further studies at Boston University. During her time there, she was also part of the John F. Lopez Fellowship.
AOC Net Worth and Career
View this post on Instagram
During her time in University, Cortez started to work as an intern for Ted Kennedy who was a U.S. Senator and has mentioned how the experience taught her a lot about this domain. She would eventually graduate in 20111 with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
However, since her father had passes away because of cancer, she and her family faced financial hardship because of which she started to work two jobs as a bartender as well as a waitress mentioning how she was working 18-hour workdays to make ends meet.
But, Cortez continued her focus on progressing her career and was also associated with the nonprofit called National Hispanic Institute. In 2016, she was an organizer for the presidential campaign of Bernie Sanders which provided her a great opportunity to travel across America and see firsthand the different problems that were being faced by the people in society. Cortez had a socialists stance and began her campaign in 2017 while still working as a waitress to support herself. Her challenge to Joe Crowley was applauded for the unique approach she took with grassroots mobilization.
She did what was called the biggest upset of the 2018 elections by Time which gave her a lot of media attention and a bigger following. Cortez then became the youngest woman in the U.S. Congress at the age of 29. What made her stand out was the huge following that she had garnered on social media that made her a popular personality.
Cortez is currently in a relationship with Riley Roberts who works as a web developer.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez /AOC Net Worth
As of 2022, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has an estimated net worth of $300,000. Though one of the posts on the internet had gone viral about how Cortez had a net worth of $1 million and it was an irony that she was trying to speak for the poor and middle class. However, this claim turned out to be false as from her records, it was clear that Cortez was one of the least well-off congress representatives.
Cortez worked hard throughout her 20s from financial hardship and mentioned how she was living paycheck to paycheck with a financial disclosure of assets she made in 2020 making it clear that she had student loans that were in the range of $15,000 to $50,000. Yet, her salary as a congresswoman is at $174,000 which provides her a good road for financial stability in the coming days.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez News
- Republican congressional candidate calls on Magaziner to rescind Ocasio-Cortez invite WJAR
- There's 'absolutely still a chance' student-loan borrowers will get broad debt cancellation, AOC says — but 'you can thank a Republican' for payments restarting next month – msnNOWThere's 'absolutely still a chance' student-loan borrowers will get broad debt cancellation, AOC says — but 'you can thank a Republican' for payments restarting next month msnNOW
- 'Absolutely still a chance' for student-debt cancellation: AOC Business InsiderStudent loans: Former University of Phoenix students get $37 million in loans discharged Yahoo FinanceBiden administration forgives $37 million in student debt for […]
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?