Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an American politician and activist who has been serving as the U.S. Representative for New York’s 14th congressional district after winning the primary election from the side of the Democratic Party. As of 2022, AOC net worth is estimated to be around $300,000.
Cortez was able to make history by becoming the youngest ever woman to be serving in Congress in the U.S. She is popularly known as AOC especially among the younger millennial generation and has proposed the Green New Deal where the plan includes phasing out fossil fuels for more greener and renewable alternative sources of energy.
|Full Name||Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez|
|Birth Date/Age||October 13, 1989 / 32 years old|
|Birth Place||New York City, United States|
|Profession||Politician and Activist|
|Relationship Status||In a Relationship with Riley Roberts|
|Net Worth||$300,000 (estimated)|
Cortez grew up in New York City in a Catholic family. Yet, her family members had a background of being from Puerto Rico. She studied at Yorktown High School and from a young age was involved in different activities such as being the LDZ Secretary of State when was pursuing her further studies at Boston University. During her time there, she was also part of the John F. Lopez Fellowship.
AOC Net Worth and Career
View this post on Instagram
During her time in University, Cortez started to work as an intern for Ted Kennedy who was a U.S. Senator and has mentioned how the experience taught her a lot about this domain. She would eventually graduate in 20111 with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
However, since her father had passes away because of cancer, she and her family faced financial hardship because of which she started to work two jobs as a bartender as well as a waitress mentioning how she was working 18-hour workdays to make ends meet.
But, Cortez continued her focus on progressing her career and was also associated with the nonprofit called National Hispanic Institute. In 2016, she was an organizer for the presidential campaign of Bernie Sanders which provided her a great opportunity to travel across America and see firsthand the different problems that were being faced by the people in society. Cortez had a socialists stance and began her campaign in 2017 while still working as a waitress to support herself. Her challenge to Joe Crowley was applauded for the unique approach she took with grassroots mobilization.
She did what was called the biggest upset of the 2018 elections by Time which gave her a lot of media attention and a bigger following. Cortez then became the youngest woman in the U.S. Congress at the age of 29. What made her stand out was the huge following that she had garnered on social media that made her a popular personality.
Cortez is currently in a relationship with Riley Roberts who works as a web developer.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez /AOC Net Worth
As of 2022, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has an estimated net worth of $300,000. Though one of the posts on the internet had gone viral about how Cortez had a net worth of $1 million and it was an irony that she was trying to speak for the poor and middle class. However, this claim turned out to be false as from her records, it was clear that Cortez was one of the least well-off congress representatives.
Cortez worked hard throughout her 20s from financial hardship and mentioned how she was living paycheck to paycheck with a financial disclosure of assets she made in 2020 making it clear that she had student loans that were in the range of $15,000 to $50,000. Yet, her salary as a congresswoman is at $174,000 which provides her a good road for financial stability in the coming days.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez News
- Cuellar sounds off on AOC remarks, Biden admin's disregard for border security ahead of midterms – Fox NewsCuellar sounds off on AOC remarks, Biden admin's disregard for border security ahead of midterms Fox NewsHenry Cuellar tells progressives to back off after narrow primary win AxiosFix Biden's border crisis by […]
- AOC calls Supreme Court EPA ruling on power plant emissions 'catastrophic' Fox NewsAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Elizabeth Warren, and other progressives are pushing a common, poll-tested refrain: the Supreme Court faces a 'legitimacy […]
- AOC evades question on potential presidential run in 2024 Business InsiderAOC dodges question on whether she’ll run for president in 2024 The IndependentAOC dodges when Colbert asks her about running for president: […]
The Game Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Game is an American rapper known for his extensive music catalog which includes the classic hip-hop album, The Documentary. The...
Flavor Flav Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Flavor Flav is an American rapper known for being a founding member of the rap group, Public Enemy alongside Chuck...
Tyga Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Tyga is an American rapper known for his mega-popular songs Rack City, Faded, Far Away, and Still Got It. The...
Logic Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Logic is an American rapper and record producer known for his seven studio albums and hit single, 1-800-273-8255. The Logic...
- Rick Fox Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Kids
- Sheryl Crow Net Worth: How Rich Is the Singer in 2022?
- Kellie Pickler Net Worth: How Rich Is the Singer in 2022?
- Kirk Franklin Net Worth, Age, Bio, Kids, and Tour
- Miesha Tate Net Worth: How Rich Is the UFC Fighter in 2022?
- Omarion Net Worth, Age, Bio, Siblings, and IG
- Larry Fink Net Worth: How Rich Is the CEO in 2022?
- Nick Diaz Net Worth: How Rich Is the UFC Fighter in 2022?
- John Goodman Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actor in 2022?
- The Game Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?