Andre Leon Talley was an American fashion journalist, who has served as the creative director and editor-at-large of Vogue magazine. He was also recognized for advocating for diversity in the fashion world. He died at 73 years of age due to an unknown illness on January 18, 2022. Andre Leon Talley net worth at the time of his death is estimated to be around $200 thousand.
|Full Name||Andre Leon Talley|
|Birth Date||October 16, 1948|
|Birth Place||Washington, D. C.|
|Net Worth||$200 thousand|
|Death||January 18, 2022|
Talley was born on the October 16, 1948 in Washington, D. C. to parents William C. Talley and Alma Ruth Davis. His father was a taxi driver and was raised by his maternal grandmother, who was working as a cleaning lady at Duke University. Andre developed an interest and love for fashion when he was 9 or 10 after finding a Vogue Magazine in the local library.
Andre studied at the Hillside High School where he graduated in 1966. He then attended North Carolina Central University and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1970. In 1972, he received a Master of Arts degree from Brown University.
Andre Leon Talley Net Worth & Career
Tally has initially served as an unpaid apprentice for fashion columnist and Vogue editor, Diana Vreeland in 1974. His skill later impressed the Vogue editor due to which he got to work for Interview magazine and Andy Warhol’s Factory for $50 a week. Then, he worked as a Paris bureau chief of the fashion industry trade journal, Women’s Wear Daily. In 1975, he served for the fashion magazine, W. He expanded his professional experience and served as a Fashion News Director for Vogue in 1983.
Talley served as a Vogue’s fashion news director until 1987. Then, she was promoted to Creative Director in 1988. While serving as a Creative Director, he encouraged top designers to put forward the African-American models in the shows. In 1995, he left his association with Vogue and shifted place to Paris, where he would be working for a fashion magazine, W. However, he returned to Vogue in 1998 and worked as the editor-at-large. In 2013, he departed as editor-at-large to pursue another editorial venture.
In March 2010, he debuted on the small screen as one of the judging panels for the reality TV series “America’s Next Top Model”. He appeared on the series until December 2011. After two years in 2013, he joined the team of an international fashion magazine, Numero Russia, where he worked as an international editor. Tally was also a part of a documentary movie titled “The Gospel According to Andre”, which was screened at the Toronto Film Festival and released on May 25, 2018.
Talley published an autobiography called “A. L. T: A Memoir” in 2003. On May 19, 2020, he released the book titled “The Chiffon Trenches: A Memoir”, where he discusses getting his start during the 1970s, his experiences with racism, and his tumultuous relationship with his longtime friend, Anna Wintour.
Andre Leon Talley was supposed to be dating British Journalist, Anna Wintour. However, it’s still unconfirmed either they were in a relationship or just more than friends. Andre and Anna shared 30 years of long friendship together, and in the last few years, they were reportedly having issues with each other. He has even penned down some unpleasant things that he experienced with Anna in his memoir, The Chiffon Trenches.
Talley appeared on The Wendy Williams Show on May 29, 2018, where he was asked about his sexual orientation. In a reply, he clearly mentioned that he is not heterosexual. Talley passed away on at a hospital in White Plains on January 18, 2022. His death news was confirmed by his literary agent by David Vigliano. Talley was believed to be suffering from an unknown illness for a long time. However, the real cause of his death has not been disclosed yet.
Andre Leon Talley Net Worth
Andre Leon Talley’s net worth is estimated to be around $200 thousand before he died on January 18, 2022. Talley revealed in the 2018 New York Times profile that he was broke, and in February 2021, he was reportedly evicted from a New York-based home after not being able to pay rent of $500,000.
Andre Leon Talley News
- What Goes Around Comes Around Debut's Exclusive André Leon Talley Collection in Beverly Hills – V Magazine – vmagazine.comWhat Goes Around Comes Around Debut's Exclusive André Leon Talley Collection in Beverly Hills – V Magazine vmagazine.com
- Fashion Fans Can Now Shop the Late and Great André Leon Talley’s Louis Vuitton Trunks and More at What Goes Around Comes Around – Hollywood ReporterFashion Fans Can Now Shop the Late and Great André Leon Talley’s Louis Vuitton Trunks and More at What Goes Around Comes Around Hollywood Reporter
- Lots to Watch: 400+ Items From André Leon Talley's Estate Up for Auction in Hudson, N.Y. – Culture TypeLots to Watch: 400+ Items From André Leon Talley's Estate Up for Auction in Hudson, N.Y. Culture Type
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?