Shohei Ohtani is a Japanese professional baseball pitcher who plays for the Los Angeles Angels in the Major League Baseball (MLB). He has previously been the winner of the 2018 American League Rookie of the Year Award. As of 2022, Shohei Ohtani net worth is estimated to be roughly $10 million.
|Full Name||Shohei Ohtani|
|Birth Date||July 5, 1994|
|Profession||Professional Baseball Pitcher|
|Relationship Status||In a Relationship|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
Shohei Ohtani studied at Hanamaki Higashi High School in Japan. He was already making a name for himself throughout Japan after he became pitched a fastball at 160 km/h when he was only 18 years of age. He also participated in the 2012 18U Baseball World Championship. Many teams from the U.S. were interested in signing him as soon as his high school had finished. He eventually announced that he would pursue his career in the MLB in the U.S.
Shohei Ohtani Net Worth and Career
Ohtani started his rookie year in 2013 when he made his debut at the age of 18 for the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters playing as a right fielder. This early experience helped him to establish the name Ohtani as a high-profile rookie in baseball with him having impressive statistics for his performances. He also managed to tie for second for the 2013 Nippon Professional Baseball Rookie of the Year Award.
In 2014, Ohtani would set the record for throwing the fastest official pitch by a Japanese pitcher at 162 km/h. Because of this, the jersey he wore during that game would be sold for a value of $17,000 after the match which became a top seller in the All-Star 2014 Charity Auction. His performances continued to improve and in 2016, he managed to win the Pacific League MVP. In 2017, some injuries did hurt his momentum which resulted in him missing the chance to play in the 2017 World Baseball Classic.
Ohtani then made the move to MLB with teams looking to sign him since the international signing rules meant that he could be gotten for a bargain amount. Many say that Ohtani rushed too soon since if he had waited till being 25, he could have commanded up to a $200 million multi-year deal. He finally decided to be part of the Los Angeles Angels and has been part of their team ever since then.
Shohei Ohtani is rumored to be dating Kamalani Dung who is also a professional baseball player and has been mentioned to be one of the best pitchers out of Hawaii. She plays as a right-handed pitcher and has also contributed to the Puerto Rican National Team.
Shohei Ohtani Net Worth
As of 2022, Shohei Ohtani has an estimated net worth of $10 million. Ohtani has already made millions though he is still young. In 2021, he would sign a 2 year deal worth $8.5 million with the Los Angeles Angels which is sure to increase his net worth even more in the coming days.
Shohei Ohtani News
- Angels: Baseball Personality Suggests Shohei Ohtani Trade Could be Coming Next Summer – Sports IllustratedAngels: Baseball Personality Suggests Shohei Ohtani Trade Could be Coming Next Summer Sports IllustratedRed Sox’s Utility Man Recently Opened Up on a Shohei Ohtani Confession He Made During the Trade Deadline […]
- Angels need to spend big in free agency. Start at shortstop Los Angeles TimesCommentary: With Arte Moreno selling the Angels, it's time to spend big on these free agents Yahoo NewsAngels Rumors: […]
- Flamethrower Shintaro Fujinami posted by Japan's Hanshin Tigers, could be MLB reliever CBS Sports
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?