Richard Theodore Otcasek, who is better known as Ric Ocasek, was an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. He is best known as the co-lead vocalist for the rock band called the Cars. Furthermore, over the years he also worked on his own solo career and released a total of seven albums. As of 2022, Ric Ocasek net worth is estimated to be around $40 million.
|Full Name||Richard Theodore Ocasek|
|Birth Date||March 23, 1944|
|Birth Place||Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, and Record Producer|
|Relationship Status||Paulina Porizkova (1989–2019), Suzanne Ocasek (1971–1988), Constance Campbell (1963–1971)|
|Net Worth||$40 million|
Ric studied at Maple Heights High School from where he graduated in 1963. He then studied at Bowling Green State University but decided to drop out of the program eventually so that he could pursue his career in music.
It was during these early years that he met up with Benjamin Orr who would later become his close band partner. They would eventually decide to start a band in 1968 called ID Nirvana and started by performing around different universities including Ohio State University.
Ric Ocasek Net Worth and Career
The two band members continued to perform together in different events and would eventually start a new rock band called Milkwood. They went on to release their first album called How’s the Weather in 1973 but the album didn’t find the kind of success they were expecting.
Later on, Greg Hawkes who had been a part of their album would become a part of yet another new group called Richard and the Rabbits. There was another phase where they became part of performing for Cap’n Swing.
Having had so much experience by this time with different bands, Ric seemed to finally have the necessary insight on how to run a band and so this new band would eventually become The Cars. The band started to release music in 1978 and continued creating songs for several years during which they had a lot of success.
Ric’s role in the band was to be the songwriter for the majority of the songs they produced. Though the band had disconnected and gone their own paths over the years, they had come together again in 2010 during which they created an album called Move Like This.
Ric was also active as a producer having worked in producing several albums for different bands.
During his life, Ric was married a total of three times. His third wife was the beautiful model named Paulina Porizkova who he began to date while still being married to Suzanne Ocasek, his second wife.
After Ric divorced Suzanne, he went on to marry Paulina the very next year in 1989. During this time, the two were known as a power couple since Ric was well known in the world of music while Paulina was well-known as a top model who was bringing in millions of dollars through different endorsement deals.
Ric and Paulina had separated in 2018 after Ric felt that Paulina had abandoned him before his surgery. He died on September 15, 2019, because of suffering from a hypertensive heart.
Ric Ocasek Net Worth
As of 2022, Ric Ocasek had an estimated net worth of $40 million. One of Ric and Paulina’s first purchases of real estate was in 1989 when they bought a townhouse in New York City for $2.5 million.
Since Ric and Paulina’s relationship deteriorated at the very end, Ric did not provide any stake of his personal assets to Paulina. Furthermore, two of his six sons were also disinherited from his assets.
Ric Ocasek News
- “I did a round on the solo, and Ric Ocasek goes, 'That's really nice.' He begins humming, and in my mind, I'm going, 'But I didn't play that!' He'd edited what I just played in his head”: Session great Larry Mitchell reflect – Yahoo Entertainment“I did a round on the solo, and Ric Ocasek goes, 'That's really nice.' He begins humming, and in my mind, I'm going, 'But I didn't play that!' He'd edited […]
- The Story Of… 'Drive' by The Cars – Smooth Smooth Radio
- Paulina Porizkova Details Tough Final Years With Late Husband Ric Ocasek Parade Magazine
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?