Michael Lewis is a 60 years old American author and financial journalist. He is best known for covering nonfiction news mainly the financial crises and behavioral finance. Michael has been working as a contributing editor for the monthly magazine, Vanity Fair since 2009. Lewis is recently in limelight for getting married to Princess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer. As of 2022, Michael Lewis net worth is estimated to be roughly $110 million.
|Full Name||Michael Monroe Lewis|
|Birth Date||October 15, 1960|
|Birth Place||New Orleans, Louisiana, U. S.|
|Profession||Author and financial journalist|
|Net Worth||$110 million|
Michael Lewis was born on the 15th of October, 1960 in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. His father, J. Thomas Lewis was a corporate attorney, and his mother, Diana Monroe Lewis was a community activist. For his study, he attended Isidore Newman School. Later, he joined Princeton University from where he earned his graduate degree majoring in art and archaeology in 1982.
Lewis always wanted to become an art historian. He even worked briefly for the New York City art dealer, Daniel Wildenstein. However, as he came to know that the art historians would remain jobless, and even if they got the job, they would be earning very less amount. That made him joined the London School of Economics. He came out holding a Master of Arts degree in economics from the London School in 1985.
Michael Lewis Net Worth & Career
Michael has earlier served as a bond salesman at Salomon Brothers London-based office. During that time, he was inspired to become a writer. He has described his experience of working at Salomon and the growth of the mortgage-backed bond in his autobiography book Liar’s Poker in 1989. Lewis came up with another book titled “The New New Thing” in 1999.
Lewis then took four years to finish his next book titled “Moneyball” in 2003. In the book, he presented the success story of a professional baseball player, Billy Beane, and the Oakland Athletics. Lewis has also served for a brief period at The New York Times Magazine, Bloomberg, and The New Republic. Likewise, he has written a column for the progressive online magazine “Bloomberg”.
In March 2014, Michael’s another book titled Flash Boys, which is based on the high-frequency trading of Wall Street was released. Lewis came to attention for the article he wrote for Vanity Fair in 2017. One of his articles addressed the former US President, Donald Trump administration’s approach to the various federal agencies.
Lewis started broadcasting his podcast titled “Against the Rules” on April 2, 2019. The podcast shows the different aspects of society which addresses mainly the concept of fairness. It also presented the story of growing social distrust for authority. Besides his own podcast, he has made an appearance as one of the castaways on the radio program broadcast “Desert Island Discs”.
Michael Lewis Personal Life
Michael Lewis has recently tied the knot with Princess Diana’s niece Lady, Kitty Spencer. The couple shared the wedding vows at a stunning country mansion in the Villa Aldobrandini on July 24, 2021. It’s still unclear how their love story started.
They appeared as a couple for the first time in 2018. As per sources, Michael put a marriage proposal to Lady Kitty Spencer in December 2019. For the wedding, Kitty wears the expensive dress designed by the Italian luxury fashion house, Dolce & Gabbana.
Michael was previously married three times. At first, he married to Diane de Cordova Lewis in 1985. Then, he married Kate Bohner in 1994. Lewis tied the knot for the third time with the MTV reporter, Tabitha Soren in October 1997. With Soren, he shares three children. His daughter, Dixie was pronounced dead near Truckee, California after she had an accident with a semi-truck on May 25, 2021.
Michael Lewis Net Worth
As of 2022, Michael Lewis’s net worth is estimated to be around $110 million. He also owns a huge mansion worth $26 million in central London. In addition to that, he has colossal property in South Africa.
Michael Lewis News
- FTX: Sam Bankman-Fried ‘in talks with Hollywood’s The Big Short author Michael Lewis’ – Yahoo Finance UKFTX: Sam Bankman-Fried ‘in talks with Hollywood’s The Big Short author Michael Lewis’ Yahoo Finance UK
- Apple Nearing Deal For Michael Lewis’ Book Rights On Wild Story Of Fallen Crypto King Sam Bankman-Fried & FTX: The Dish – DeadlineApple Nearing Deal For Michael Lewis’ Book Rights On Wild Story Of Fallen Crypto King Sam Bankman-Fried & FTX: The Dish Deadline
- 'Big Short' Michael Lewis has spent 6 months with FTX's Bankman-Fried for book Markets Insider'The Big Short' Author Reveals He's Been Hanging With Fallen Crypto Whiz for Last 6 Months The Daily […]
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?