Marlee Matlin is a phenomenal American actress and deaf activist. She is best known for her exceptional performance in the 1986 romantic drama movie “Children of a Lesser God”. Matlin is the only deaf performer ever to receive an Academy Award. As of 2022, Marlee Matlin net worth is estimated to be around $11 million.
Marlee Matlin has recently been featured in the brilliant movie titled “CODA” (Child Of Deaf Adults). In the movie, she got a rare opportunity to work along with the cast of deaf actors.
|Full Name||Marlee Beth Matlin|
|Birth Date||August 24, 1965|
|Birth Place||Morton Grove, Illinois, United States|
|Profession||Actress, author, deaf activist|
|Net Worth||$11 million|
Marlee Matlin was born on the 24th of August, 1965 in Morton Grove, Illinois, United States. She was born to her parents, Donald and Libby Matlin. Her father, Donald was an automobile dealer. When she was 18 months old, she lost 80% of hearing in the left ear, and all hearing in the right ear due to illness and fever.
Matlin grew up with her two elder brothers named Eric and Marc. She has attended a synagogue for the Deaf. For her study, she joined John Hersey High School and Harper College. Matlin, at that time, wanted to pursue a career in criminal justice. Though, later she became more interested in acting.
Marlee Matlin Net Worth & Career
View this post on Instagram
Marlee performed on stage for the first time when she was seven. She showed a brilliant performance as Dorothy in the International Center on Deafness and the Arts (ICODA)”. Her first performance came for the children’s theatre group of “The Wizard of Oz”. Then, throughout her childhood, she performed along with the ICODA children’s theatre group.
Matlin was selected for the movie “Children of a Lesser God” after the director and actor, Henry Winkler saw her performing in one of the ICODA theater performances. After the movie got released, she received huge appreciation from the audiences and critics.
Her performance in the movie was a reluctant-to-speak deaf woman who fell in love with a hearing man. Matlin received an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award for the Best Actress in a Drama for the movie.
Matlin played a deaf widow in the 1989 movie “Bridge to Silence”. Then in 1991, she appeared in a lead female role in the TV series “Reasonable Doubts”, which earned a nomination at a Golden Globe Award. In 1992, she appeared a guest appearance in the family drama series “Picket Fences”, which earned a nomination at Emmy Award.
Marlee portrayed a deaf parent in the comedy-drama series “Desperate Housewives” in 2006. She also had a recurring role in the TV series “My Name Is Earl”, where she appeared as a public defender.
Matlin participated in the dance reality show “Dancing with the Stars” in 2008. Though, she could not reach far in the show as she was the sixth contestant to get eliminated from the show along with her dance partner, Fabian Sanchez.
Marlee has recently appeared in the comedy-drama movie “CODA”, which follows the story of a hearing teenage girl and her deaf parents. The movie is getting positive reviews from all around, and her performance is receiving a lot of appraisal from the audience. CODA also earned the best ensemble award at the 2021 Sundance Film Festival.
Marlee Matlin Personal Life
Marlee Matlin is married to Burbank police officer, Kevin Grandalski. She tied the knot to Kevin on 29th August 1993 at the actor, Henry Winkler’s house.
Matlin met Kevin first time while she was filming a scene from the police drama series “Reasonable Doubts”. Kevin was present in the studio to provide security and control the traffic. Matlin shares four kids with her husband, Kevin.
Marlee Matlin Net Worth
As of 2022, Marlee Matlin’s personal wealth is estimated to be roughly $11 million. She has earned a big amount from appearing in numerous movies and TV series.
Matlin raised the huge charity amount of $986,000 while she appeared on the NBC show “The Celebrity Apprentice”. She competed in the show to raise money for her charity “The Starkey Hearing Foundation”. Marlee finished in second place in the show.
Marlee Matlin News
- How Marlee Matlin and Troy Kotsur Helped the 2023 Media Access Awards Make History – Hollywood ReporterHow Marlee Matlin and Troy Kotsur Helped the 2023 Media Access Awards Make History Hollywood Reporter
- Tim Cook, Troy Kotsur Honored at the National Association of the Deaf’s Breakthrough Awards – VarietyTim Cook, Troy Kotsur Honored at the National Association of the Deaf’s Breakthrough Awards Variety
- Marlee Matlin and Troy Kotsur to Host Media Access Awards Honoring Disability Portrayals Onscreen – Hollywood ReporterMarlee Matlin and Troy Kotsur to Host Media Access Awards Honoring Disability Portrayals Onscreen Hollywood Reporter
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?