Marc Lasry is a Moroccan-American billionaire businessman and hedge fund manager. He is the co-founder and CEO of the multinational investment firm, Avenue Capital Group. Marc is also the co-owner of the NBA’s professional basketball team, Milwaukee Bucks. As of 2022, Marc Lasry net worth is estimated to be roughly $1.82 billion.
|September 23, 1959
|Businessman, Hedge fund manager
Marc Lasry was born on the 23rd of September, 1959 in Marrakech, Morocco. He was born to his parents, Moise, and Elise. His dad was a computer programmer, and his mom was a school teacher. Along with his family, he moved to the United States at 7 years of age. Marc spent his childhood days growing up in West Hartford, Connecticut.
For his study, he joined the Clark University from where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in history in 1981. Later, he attended New York Law School. He came out receiving a J. D. from the laws school in 1984. He got early work experience working as a clerk for the Chief Bankruptcy Judge, Edward Ryan. Marc was still studying at law school when he served as a clerk.
Marc Lasry Net Worth & Career
Soon after graduation, he started working at the law firm, Angel & Frankel. In 1989, he founded the Investment firm, Amroc Investments along with his sister, Sonia Gardner. After five years, both started new investment capital, Avenue Capital Group. Lasry got to expand his work experience while serving as a director of the private dept department at R. D. Smith. There, he gained enough knowledge on trade claims.
Marc started his new job at the Cowen & Company, where he served as a Co-Director of the Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization Department. After working few years at Cowen & Company, he started working for the Robert M. Bass Group. There, he focused mainly on distressed security investments. He continued to form a strong bond with his sister, Sonia, and with her, he founded the new investment firm, Amroc Investments in 1989.
Marc and Sonia came up with their new capital firm, Avenue Capital Group in 1995, where both invested $7 million capital. With their strong motive and business ideas, they were able to expand their investment focus to Asia and Europe. Marc and Sonia also build their hedge fund which had around $11 billion in total assets under management. Marc purchased the professional basketball team, Milwaukee Bucks, in April 2014 for $550 million.
Marc Lasry Personal Life
Marc Lasry is a married man, who tied the knot with Cathy Cohen. He shares five kids with his wife Cathy. His son named Alex has served as White House senior adviser, Valerie Jarrett. Alex would be further running for the Wisconsin Senate seat as a Democrat in 2022. Likewise, his daughter, Samantha has worked as a staffer for the congressman, Rahm Emanuel.
Marc Lasry Net Worth
As of 2022, Marc Lasry has accumulated a total net worth value of $1.82 billion. He has been able to gather a vast chunk of money through his investment and capital firms. Marc has also been actively involved in philanthropy works. Along with his wife Cathy, he made a donation of $5 million to Clark University in 2005.
Marc Lasry News
- Steve Cohen, Marc Lasry join group expected to make $3 billion investment into PGA Tour: report – Fox BusinessSteve Cohen, Marc Lasry join group expected to make $3 billion investment into PGA Tour: report Fox Business
- Current Milwaukee Bucks Owners Spill On Why Herb Kohl Really Sold Franchise To Them – Wisconsin Sports HeroicsCurrent Milwaukee Bucks Owners Spill On Why Herb Kohl Really Sold Franchise To Them Wisconsin Sports Heroics
- NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo spread his money across half a dozen bank accounts as a rookie because of the FDIC's $250000 limit. Billionaire team owner Marc Lasry told him to invest instead. – Yahoo Canada SportsNBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo spread his money across half a dozen bank accounts as a rookie because of the FDIC's $250000 limit. Billionaire team owner Marc Lasry told him to […]
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?