Joseph Manchin III, better known as Joe Manchin is a 74 years old American politician, who is presently serving as the senior U. S. senator from West Virginia. He has previously served as the 34th governor of West Virginia and as the 27th secretary of state of West Virginia. As of 2022, Joe Manchin net worth is estimated to be around $6 million.
|Joseph Manchin III
|August 24, 1947
|Farmington, West Virginia, U. S.
Joe Manchin was born on the 24th of August, 1947 in Farmington, West Virginia, United States. He was born as the second child of his parents, John and Mary O. Manchin. His father had served as Farmington’s mayor. Besides that, he also used to run a carpet and furniture store.
Regarding his educational background, he completed his high school graduation from Farmington High School in 1965. Then, he joined West Virginia University receiving a football scholarship. In 1970, he earned his University education degree in business administration.
Joe Manchin Net Worth & Career
View this post on Instagram
Joe started his political career at age 35 in 1982 where he was elected to the West Virginia House of Delegates. After four years in 1986, he was elected to the West Virginia Senate. He served at the Senate until 1996, and then, he ran for governor. However, he lost the primary election to Charlotte Pitt. Joe was then elected Secretary of State of West Virginia in 2000.
Joe challenged the incumbent Democratic governor, Bob Wise in the 2004 Democratic primary election. He got the victory in the Democratic primary and general election with large margins. In 2008, he won the reelection to a second term as governor against Republican Russ Weeks. Following that in July 2010, Joe made an announcement that he would be seeking the Senate Seat after Senator, Robert Byrd’s death in June 2010.
Joe was successful to get the victory in the Democratic primary election where he defeated the former West Virginia Secretary of State, Ken Hechler. On November 15, 2010, he was sworn into the United States Senate by then-Vice President, Joe Biden.
Manchin has recently put up a deal in front of current Senate Majority Leader, Chuck Schumer, where he proposed to limit the total cost of the Democrat’s sweeping spending bill amount to around $1.5 trillion. He has also raised the corporate tax to 25%, the top tax rate to 39.6%, and the capital gain tax rate to 28%. He further went on to reveal that any revenue from the bill exceeding $1.5 trillion will go to deficit reduction.
Joe Manchin is married to an educator, Gayle Heather Conelly. He tied the knot with his wife, Gayle on August 5, 1967. Joe and Gayle together share three kids named Heather, Joseph IV, and Brooke.
Joe Manchin Net Worth
As of 2022, Joe Manchin’s personal wealth is estimated to be around $6 million. He is also the founder of the coal brokerage Enersystems. According to his financial disclosure 2020, Joe reportedly holds non-public shares of the coal brokerage Enersystems worth around $1 million and $5 million.
Joe Manchin News
- Joe Manchin Has a Plan for Congress Pay: Need to 'Inspire Them' Newsweek
- Braun, Manchin statement on two week delay of National Labor Relations Board Joint Employer Rule – WTCA – GIANT fm – Real RadioBraun, Manchin statement on two week delay of National Labor Relations Board Joint Employer Rule WTCA – GIANT fm – Real Radio
- West Virginia Sens. Capito, Manchin thank McConnell for service to Senate WV News
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?