Glenn Youngkin is a 55 years old American businessman. He defeated the former governor, Terry McAuliffe in the 2021 Virginia gubernatorial election, and became the governor-elector of Virginia. Glenn is expected to be assuming office as the 74th governor of Virginia on January 15, 2022. As of 2022, Glenn Youngkin net worth is estimated to be around $450 million.
|Full Name||Glenn Allen Youngkin|
|Birth Date||December 9, 1966|
|Birth Place||Richmond, Virginia, U. S.|
|Net Worth||$450 million|
Glenn Youngkin was born on the 9th of December, 1966 in Richmond, Virginia, United States. He was born to his parents, Ellis and Carroll Wayne Youngkin. His dad, Ellis has played basketball for Duke University, and he used to work in accounting and finance. He along with his family moved to Virginia Beach when he was a teenager.
Regarding his education, he studied at the Norfolk Academy from where he graduated in 1985. He was really good at the basketball while he played for the high school team. Glenn has even earned numerous high school basketball honors.
Later, he received a basketball scholarship from Rice University where he played four NCAA Division I Seasons with the University’s basketball team, Rice Owls men’s basketball. He earned his graduate degree in 1990 and attended Harvard Business School from where he received an MBA degree in 1994.
Glenn Youngkin Net Worth & Career
View this post on Instagram
Glenn started working at the investment bank, The First Boston Corporation after graduating from Rice University. Then, after completing his MBA, he started working in the management consulting firm, McKinsey & Company in 1994. Then in August 1995, he joined the private-equity firm, The Carlyle Group. Glenn was later named a partner and managing director of the private equity firm in 1999.
Youngkin held the position of Co-President and Co-Chief operating officer at the Carlyle Group in June 2014. However, after a year in May 2015, he left the firm and joined the multinational telecommunications conglomerate, Comcast as CFO. On January 1, 2018, he was named a co-CEO of the Carlyle Group along with the Kewsong Lee.
Glenn announced in January 2021 that he would be running as a Republican Party candidate for the governor of Virginia. For the primary campaign, he spent over $5.5 million of his own money. On May 10, 2021, he won the Republican Party of Virginia’s state convention and became the party’s nominee for the Virginia Governor.
In the general election, Glenn faced the Democratic nominee, Terry McAuliffe. Youngkin and McAuliffe had their first debate on 16th September 2021, which was hosted by the Appalachian School of Law. Glenn defeated McAuliffe in the election for governor of Virginia on Wednesday, November 3, 2021.
Though the Democratic candidate, McAuliffe campaigned with Biden and Obama, he failed to get a win over Youngkin. According to unofficial results from the Virginia Department of Elections on November 1, 2021, Glenn was winning with 51% of the vote, which was nearly over 91,000 votes than McAuliffe.
Glenn Youngkin is married to a lady named Suzanne. Not much is known about his marriage life. He shares four kids with his beloved wife, Suzanne.
Glenn Youngkin Net Worth
As of 2022, Glenn Youngkin’s personal wealth is estimated to be around $450 million. He owns over 13,871 units of Carlyle Inc, which is valued at over $452,113, 487. As per sources, in the last 8 years, he sold his Carlyle stock worth over $385,614.
Glenn Youngkin News
- Flood Fund future uncertain as Youngkin pushes for carbon market withdrawal Virginia MercuryOpinion: RGGI is working in Virginia. No one should change that. The Virginian-PilotView Full Coverage on Google News
- Youngkin, amid 2024 buzz, sidesteps question about completing term The Washington PostWill he stay or will he go? Youngkin tiptoes around plans Roanoke TimesActivist protest Gov. Youngkin in Albemarle Co. NBC 29Washington Post […]
- Virginia Gov. Youngkin declares State of Emergency ahead of Ian WAVY.comTracking Hurricane Ian: Latest forecast track, models ahead of South Carolina coast landfall KHOU 11After slamming Florida, Hurricane Ian barrels toward South […]
Future Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper in 2022?
Future is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who is best known for being one of the most influential figures...
Coolio Net Worth: How Rich was the Rapper Actually?
Coolio was an American rapper, actor, and record producer. He was best known for his hit music charts such as...
Akbar V Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper & Social Media Star?
Valerie Raven, better known as Akbar V is an American rapper. She Valerie Raven, better known as Akbar V is...
42 Dugg Net Worth: Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Girlfriend
Dion Marquise Hayes, popular as 42 Dugg is a famous American rapper. He is best perceived for his amazing collaboration...
- Tua Tagovailoa Net Worth: How Rich is Dolphins’ Quarterback?
- Craig Conover Net Worth: How Rich is Southern Charm Star?
- Tiki Barber Net Worth: How Rich is the Retired NFL Player?
- Tony Blevins Net Worth: How Rich is Apple’s Ex VP Actually?
- Future Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper in 2022?
- Jeff Dunham Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Children
- Tristan Tate Net Worth: How Rich is Andrew Tate’s Brother?
- Ime Udoka Net Worth: How Rich is the Former NBA Player?
- John Fetterman Net Worth: How Rich is the Politician Actually?
- Coolio Net Worth: How Rich was the Rapper Actually?