Glenn Youngkin is a 55 years old American businessman. He defeated the former governor, Terry McAuliffe in the 2021 Virginia gubernatorial election, and became the governor-elector of Virginia. Glenn is expected to be assuming office as the 74th governor of Virginia on January 15, 2022. As of 2022, Glenn Youngkin net worth is estimated to be around $450 million.
|Full Name||Glenn Allen Youngkin|
|Birth Date||December 9, 1966|
|Birth Place||Richmond, Virginia, U. S.|
|Net Worth||$450 million|
Glenn Youngkin was born on the 9th of December, 1966 in Richmond, Virginia, United States. He was born to his parents, Ellis and Carroll Wayne Youngkin. His dad, Ellis has played basketball for Duke University, and he used to work in accounting and finance. He along with his family moved to Virginia Beach when he was a teenager.
Regarding his education, he studied at the Norfolk Academy from where he graduated in 1985. He was really good at the basketball while he played for the high school team. Glenn has even earned numerous high school basketball honors.
Later, he received a basketball scholarship from Rice University where he played four NCAA Division I Seasons with the University’s basketball team, Rice Owls men’s basketball. He earned his graduate degree in 1990 and attended Harvard Business School from where he received an MBA degree in 1994.
Glenn Youngkin Net Worth & Career
View this post on Instagram
Glenn started working at the investment bank, The First Boston Corporation after graduating from Rice University. Then, after completing his MBA, he started working in the management consulting firm, McKinsey & Company in 1994. Then in August 1995, he joined the private-equity firm, The Carlyle Group. Glenn was later named a partner and managing director of the private equity firm in 1999.
Youngkin held the position of Co-President and Co-Chief operating officer at the Carlyle Group in June 2014. However, after a year in May 2015, he left the firm and joined the multinational telecommunications conglomerate, Comcast as CFO. On January 1, 2018, he was named a co-CEO of the Carlyle Group along with the Kewsong Lee.
Glenn announced in January 2021 that he would be running as a Republican Party candidate for the governor of Virginia. For the primary campaign, he spent over $5.5 million of his own money. On May 10, 2021, he won the Republican Party of Virginia’s state convention and became the party’s nominee for the Virginia Governor.
In the general election, Glenn faced the Democratic nominee, Terry McAuliffe. Youngkin and McAuliffe had their first debate on 16th September 2021, which was hosted by the Appalachian School of Law. Glenn defeated McAuliffe in the election for governor of Virginia on Wednesday, November 3, 2021.
Though the Democratic candidate, McAuliffe campaigned with Biden and Obama, he failed to get a win over Youngkin. According to unofficial results from the Virginia Department of Elections on November 1, 2021, Glenn was winning with 51% of the vote, which was nearly over 91,000 votes than McAuliffe.
Glenn Youngkin is married to a lady named Suzanne. Not much is known about his marriage life. He shares four kids with his beloved wife, Suzanne.
Glenn Youngkin Net Worth
As of 2022, Glenn Youngkin’s personal wealth is estimated to be around $450 million. He owns over 13,871 units of Carlyle Inc, which is valued at over $452,113, 487. As per sources, in the last 8 years, he sold his Carlyle stock worth over $385,614.
Glenn Youngkin News
- VCU keeps professor after he threatened Doug Wilder and called the Youngkin Admin. 'Nazis' WJLADoug Wilder accuses VCU provost of racism for not firing employee Richmond Times-DispatchView Full Coverage on Google News
- Youngkin assembles Va. task force on violent crime WTOPYoungkin announces violent crime task force to help reduce crime in WAVY TV 10Youngkin’s office creates new violent-crime task force amid almost 40% homicide […]
- Gov. Youngkin orders flags to be lowered at half-staff in honor of Peace Officers Memorial Day – News 3 WTKR NorfolkGov. Youngkin orders flags to be lowered at half-staff in honor of Peace Officers Memorial Day News 3 WTKR NorfolkFlags fly at half-staff to honor fallen police officers | FOX 13 […]
Ice T Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
Ice T is an American rapper and actor who’s best known for his music catalog as well as for appearing...
Bow Wow Net Worth, Age, Bio, Movies, and IG
Bow Wow is an American rapper and actor who is best known for his music catalog as well as his...
Jeezy Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Albums
Jeezy is an American rapper who is best known for being a pioneer in bringing trap music to the forefront...
YBN Nahmir Net Worth, Age, Height, and Girlfriend
Nahmir is an American rapper and singer who is best known for his hit singles Rubbin Off the Paint and...
- Ice T Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper in 2022?
- Richard Rawlings Net Worth, Age, Bio, and New Wife
- Alice Cooper Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Hot Sauce
- Marshawn Lynch Net Worth: How Rich Is the Former NFL Player in 2022?
- Bert Kreischer Net Worth, Age, Bio, Twitter, and Instagram
- John Travolta Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actor in 2022?
- Drew Carey Net Worth: How Rich Is the Game Show Host in 2022?
- Bow Wow Net Worth, Age, Bio, Movies, and IG
- Jo Koy Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Tickets
- Dude Perfect Net Worth: How Rich Is the Group in 2022?