Evander Frank Kane is a Canadian professional ice hockey player who plays for the San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League(NHL). He has been part of Team Canada which won gold during the 2008 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament. As of 2022, Evander Kane net worth is estimated to be around $5 million.
|Full Name||Evander Frank Kane|
|Birth Date||August 2, 1991|
|Birth Place||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Profession||Professional Ice Hockey Player|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
Kane’s father was an amateur boxer and hockey player while his mother was also active in sports as a volleyball player. This had a huge influence on Kane growing up to be involved in sports himself.
He studied at the John Oliver Secondary were played different sport including baseball, soccer, and basketball. He would start to be involved in playing ice hockey when he was eight years old. By the time, he got into his teenage years, Kane was already playing for different tournaments including playing for the North Shore Winter Club.
Evander Kane Net Worth and Career
View this post on Instagram
In 2006, Kane would be drafted as the 19th overall during the WHL Bantam Draft to the Vancouver Giants. He started to gain regular playing time in 2007 and was also part of the 2007 Memorial Cup championship. However, in the next season, Kane had some issues with a diagnosis of mononucleosis. Kane recovered himself and started to perform consistently again. He would even be nominated for the Jim Piggott Memorial Trophy that year for WHL rookie of the year award.
Kane had an excellent season in 2009 by managing to come fourth in League scoring that year. That same year, he got his first professional contract after being drafted to the Atlanta Thrashers.
Over the years, Kane started to perform better and better but injuries did hurt his momentum as he faced several injuries including a left knee injury as well as an arm injury. Yet, he had proven himself as a valuable asset for the team and in 2012 would agree to a six-year contract which was worth $31.5 million.
Kane is married to Anna Kane. They have a daughter together named Kensington. Though they are still married, it is unclear whether their relationship is in a healthy state as it seems that they are not affectionate anymore. Kane has been subject to several controversies over the years. He was sued in 2016 by a woman who alleged that he assaulted her.
Evander Kane Net Worth
As of 2022, Evander Kane has an estimated net worth of $5 million. By looking at Kane’s previous contract with the Jets which was valued at $31.5 million, Kane did not look after his finances well because of which he filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy for amassing a debt of $26.8 million.
He has lost $1.5 million on gambling alone and owes around $256,000 in taxes. He still has a seven-year contract extension that he signed in 2018 for $49 million and is set to make $3 million in 2021 which is why he may be able to recover in the future.
Evander Kane News
- Blackhawks' Market for Kane Heating Up with 7 Teams Interested The Hockey Writers
- Nik Antropov reflects on Evander Kane's tenure in Winnipeg: 'Nobody had time for him' – Yahoo SportsNik Antropov reflects on Evander Kane's tenure in Winnipeg: 'Nobody had time for him' Yahoo Sports
- Evander Kane leaves Oilers due to personal matter HockeyFeedKane Brings Oilers Fans To Feet With First Goal Since Return From Injury SPORTSNETView Full Coverage on Google News
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?