Buster Posey is a 35 years old retired American baseball catcher. He is best known for playing in the Major League Baseball (MLB) for the San Francis Giants. Posey was drafted by the Giants in the first round of the 2008 MLB draft. He is set to announce his retirement on Thursday, November 4, 2021, after playing in the 12 big league seasons. As of 2022, Buster Posey net worth is estimated to be around $55 million.
|Full Name||Gerald Dempsey Buster Posey III|
|Birth Date||March 27, 1987|
|Birth Place||Leesburg, Georgia, U. S.|
|Net Worth||$55 million|
Buster Posey was born Gerald Dempsey Buster Posey III on the 27th of March, 1987 in Leesburg, Georgia, United States. He was given a nickname as Buster from his father’s childhood name. Buster was born to his parents, Dem and Tracy Posey. He was interested in baseball since he was a little kid. Buster grew up watching games of the Atlanta Braves since he also is a huge fan of the professional baseball team.
Posey was also active in other sports like soccer, football, and basketball. However, he loved baseball much more than other sports. For his study, he joined the Lee County High School, where he pitched and played shortstop as a junior. He even set school records with the highest batting average of .544 and runs batted in RBI, 46.
Posey completed his high school graduate receiving a 3.94-grade point average. Following high school graduation, he was selected in the 2005 MLB Draft by the Los Angeles of Anaheim. However, he chose to continue his college study instead of starting his professional career. He continued to show good game while playing for the Florida State Seminoles.
Buster Posey Net Worth & Career
View this post on Instagram
Buster began his professional career after being drafted by the San Francisco Giants in the 2008 MLB Draft. He was promoted to the Class AAA team, the Fresno Grizzlies, for which, he played 35 games with a batting average of .321. On May 29, 2010, he was called up for the major leagues, where he began at first base against the professional baseball team, the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Buster hit his career first grand slam on July 7, against Chris Narveson of the Milwaukee Brewers. He showed his tremendous form till the 2021 season. Buster hit a solo home run off against Marco Gonazeles since the 2019 season in 2021. He also became the first player to catch 1,000 games in the history of the Giants. Posey will be announcing his retirement after 12 big league seasons on November 4, 2021.
Buster Posey is married to a lady named Kristen, who is a high school sweetheart. He tied the knot with Kristen on January 10, 2009. Buster and his better half, Kristen shares twins named Lee and Addison. The couple also adopted twin girls in 2020.
Buster Posey Net Worth
As of 2022, Buster Posey’s personal wealth is estimated to be around $55 million. He received a $6.2 million signing bonus from the Giants on August 16, 2008. Later, he was signed for a whopping $159 million worth contract with the Giants in March 2013. He received a $25 million salary between June 2017 to June 2018, which made him one of the highest-paid sports players in the world.
Buster Posey News
- San Francisco Giants podcast: Buster Posey, Brandon Crawford, and Aaron Judge McCovey Chronicles
- Three-time champ Buster Posey becomes first former player to join San Francisco Giants ownership group – ESPNThree-time champ Buster Posey becomes first former player to join San Francisco Giants ownership group ESPN
- Buster Posey, Tim Lincecum not on Giants' 2012 World Series reunion list NBC Sports
Future Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper in 2022?
Future is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who is best known for being one of the most influential figures...
Coolio Net Worth: How Rich was the Rapper Actually?
Coolio was an American rapper, actor, and record producer. He was best known for his hit music charts such as...
Akbar V Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper & Social Media Star?
Valerie Raven, better known as Akbar V is an American rapper. She Valerie Raven, better known as Akbar V is...
42 Dugg Net Worth: Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Girlfriend
Dion Marquise Hayes, popular as 42 Dugg is a famous American rapper. He is best perceived for his amazing collaboration...
- Tua Tagovailoa Net Worth: How Rich is Dolphins’ Quarterback?
- Craig Conover Net Worth: How Rich is Southern Charm Star?
- Tiki Barber Net Worth: How Rich is the Retired NFL Player?
- Tony Blevins Net Worth: How Rich is Apple’s Ex VP Actually?
- Future Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper in 2022?
- Jeff Dunham Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wife, and Children
- Tristan Tate Net Worth: How Rich is Andrew Tate’s Brother?
- Ime Udoka Net Worth: How Rich is the Former NBA Player?
- John Fetterman Net Worth: How Rich is the Politician Actually?
- Coolio Net Worth: How Rich was the Rapper Actually?