Ava DuVernay Net Worth: How Rich is the Filmmaker Actually?
Ava Marie DuVernay is an American filmmaker who is best known for the film called Selma which was a big hit and was nominated for several films. Ava is the first-ever black female director to have been nominated for the Academy Award in the category of Best Picture for her work on the film. As of 2022, Ava DuVernay net worth is estimated to be around $65 million.
|Full Name||Ava Marie DuVernay|
|Birth Date||August 24, 1972|
|Birth Place||Long Beach, California, U.S.|
|Net Worth||$65 Million|
Ava grew up in a place called Lynwood in California alongside her three other siblings. She went to Saint Joseph High School and then later attended the University of California where she received her BA in English Literature.
Ava DuVernay Net Worth and Career
View this post on Instagram
In her early years, Ava had done an internship with CBS News. Having had that work experience, Ava went on to seek a career in journalism. She was even part of covering the story regarding the O.J. Simpson murder case which was a key talking point in America back then.
However, after having more experience in journalism, she decided it will be better if her attention was focused towards public relations. This led to her working with several companies including Savoy Pictures as well as 20th Century Fox. Utilizing these experiences, Ava eventually decided to start her own PR firm in 1999 that was called as The DuVernay Agency.
Ava continued to seek other ways where she could maximize value. This led to her starting Urban Beauty Collective which was created as a promotional network back in 2003 and managed to create a huge network of more than 10,000 beauty salons that were especially focused towards the African-American community.
Yet, a big turning point in her career would come in 2005 when she decided to invest $6000 of her own money in creating a short film called Saturday Night Life which was based on the experiences that her mother had.
The positive feedback that she received led to her creating a documentary next since such a genre of filmmaking requires less capital and would help her to get more acquainted in making films. She went on to create the short called Compton in C Minor next which was a feature made within two hours.
Further projects like This is the Life as well as Figures of Speech followed. Ava has had a trend of creating beautiful films out of the experiences that she herself has had in her life as well as exploring the stories of the lives of those around her. This is what led her in creating the drama called I Will Follow that was based on her aunt named Denise Sexton.
Ava has been a part of some highly publicized films as well as has been nominated for some of the most prestigious awards in filmmaking. As a result, there is constant attention to what is happening in her personal life. This has led to hesitance in her of sharing any personal information about herself.
Though there have been some rumors that Ava was in a relationship with the rapper named Common after they met during the shooting of Selma, Ava has not confirmed these rumors at all and is possibly single right now.
Ava DuVernay Net Worth
As of 2022, Ava DuVernay has an estimated net worth of $65 million. Because of the immense success of several of her films, Ava signed a huge deal with Warner Brothers for $100 million where she will be creating several productions through it. This will help in increasing her already massive net worth even more.
Ava DuVernay News
- Ava DuVernay, Nicole Kidman sparkle at 2023 Oscars The Seattle Times
- Extras, stand-ins needed for Joshua Jackson, Ava DuVernay, Lauren Ridloff production – Port City DailyExtras, stand-ins needed for Joshua Jackson, Ava DuVernay, Lauren Ridloff production Port City Daily
- Town by Town: Dr. Seuss’ birthday, Ava Duvernay’s Selma movie event, UMass nursing program – Western Massachusetts NewsTown by Town: Dr. Seuss’ birthday, Ava Duvernay’s Selma movie event, UMass nursing program Western Massachusetts News
Ola Runt Net Worth: Height, Age, Wiki, Real Name & Career
Ola Runt is an emerging American rapper from Atlanta. He is best known for his hit single “Feel Like Guwop”...
Murda Mook Net Worth: How Rich is the Rapper Actually in 2022?
John Ancrum popular as Murda Mook is a renowned American rapper. He is considered one of the best battle rappers...
Dax Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Bio, Real Name & Career
Daniel Nwosu Jr. known by his rap name as Dax is a Canadian rapper from Ottawa. He is known for...
Chase B Net Worth (Rapper): Height, Age, Wiki & Real Name
Chase B is an American DJ, music producer, and rapper. Chase claimed to prominence after he started working as a...
- Haralabos Voulgaris Net Worth: How Rich is the Gambler Actually?
- Tom Vitale Net Worth: How Rich is Valerie Bertinelli’s Ex?
- Michael Armand Hammer Net Worth: How Rich was Armie’s Father?
- Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth: How Rich Is the Actress in 2022?
- Kai Cenat Net Worth: How Rich is the Streamer Actually?
- Chase Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Greg Grippo Net Worth: How Rich is ‘The Bachelorette’ Star?
- Sinbad Net Worth 2022: How Rich is the Comedian Actually?
- Savannah Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is the TV Star Actually?
- Grayson Chrisley Net Worth: How Rich is Todd Chrisley’s Son?